Crawl Space Tips
You know what they say, "out of sight, out of mind". It's easy to forget about that area of the home when there isn't an issue to attend to. However, the crawl space does need to be checked occasionally and maintained. Here are some steps you can take to prevent or protect your crawl space from moisture.
- Gutters and down spots-Clean out leaves, dirt, and other debris that might be causing them to clog and overflow.
- Check for leaks periodically under the home.
- Fix grading-the ground around the home should be sloped away from the foundation to allow water to drain away from the structure.
- Seal the crawl space to prevent moisture from accumulating.
- Add a dehumidifier to improve air quality, remove mold growth and prevent the growth of new mold.
- Add a sump pump - If there’s water in the crawl space, a sump pump will pump the water out and away from the home.
SERVPRO of Martinsville and Henry County is happy to help you figure out what the best option is for your particular situation!