In life there is always something that needs your attention, kids, work, school, in-laws...but then there's sewage. Not how you wanted to spend your weekend! Here are some tips to avoid sewage back up in to your home.
1. Never pour grease or oils, such as coconut oil down the drain, it will eventually solidify when it cools down and that can cause a problem.
2. Do NOT flush wet wipes, even the ones that are proclaimed "flush-able" just to be safe. My son flushed his superman underoos down the toilet, just because they can be flushed doesn't mean it's the best idea.
3. Beware of those long locks! Put hairballs in the trash, not down the drain or in the toilet.
4. Never throw paper towels in the toilet, a lot of these paper towels these days are like wash clothes, so trash those to too.
5. Finally make sure you keep an eye on the root systems around your home and sewer lines. Remove any that could possibly harm your pipes.